Do you love events? Always dreamed of learning the ropes of event planning, event design, brand building or marketing for creative ventures? If you answered an enthusiastic yes to any of these – we want you!
JoElle Elise Design is currently looking for a creative, driven, guerrilla marketing wannabe to assist with the marketing and branding of the company and upcoming summer and fall 2016 promotional events and weddings.
You will get to build your experience and marketing portfolio while working alongside yours truly as we harness creative ideas, launch new service campaigns and pull off amazing events and branding photoshoots. Of course, there will also be data tracking, financial budgeting, client meetings and grunt work but all in the name of business building and company branding.
Learn all about event and brand promotion, walking away with hands-on experience on how to launch and market a business, plan and produce events and build a brand from the ground floor.
Past interns have launched new careers all over the state and country and continue to invite us to their weddings, baby showers and job seeking ventures. So beware – talented interns become like family and reap the referral benefits for years to come.
To apply, please read our more serious internship job description below, email us your resume (firstname.lastname@example.org) and state why you should be our next STAR Intern and cross your fingers that we give you a call.
JoElle Elise Design is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting, energetic intern to assist with the day to day operations of our company and the planning of multiple weddings and branding events. The Events Intern will gain valuable skills while assisting with communications/public relations, event planning, brand building, social media marketing and media photoshoots. This is an unpaid internship.
Desired candidate must be educated in advertising and public relations, and/or marketing or other communications field. They must have a passion for marketing and specialty events. We are looking to fill this intern position immediately and accepting multiple candidates for summer and fall 2016.
- Support and assist with client events and weddings, promotional events and media photoshoots
- Assist with development of new service line marketing materials such as online catalogs, website and social media pages.
- Updating of client profiles in traditional and online formats
- Designing print and digital marketing collateral, including e-newsletters, advertisements, in-house and external branding pieces, invitations, and announcements.
- Supporting marketing and public relation efforts to preserve and monitor the brand identity of internal and external outlets. Some responsibilities will include copywriting, website maintenance, blogging, coordinating tradeshows and staffing events, and leading innovative PR initiatives in partnership with the existing marketing strategy.
- Providing administrative support to JoElle Elise Design by the means of database maintenance, timelines, outlines, forecasts, meetings, and business development strategies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills are a must
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
- Experience with present-day social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Graphic design proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and/or Microsoft Publisher desired but not required
- This is an unpaid internship
- 15-20 hours a week (these hours could increase depending on the marketing strategy implemented and schedule of upcoming events)